Quilt covers are truly a treat to be had in any bedroom set. They make bedding just that bit more desirable.
Duvet covers or as we know them as Quilt covers are truly a treat to be had in any bedroom set. They make the bedding just that much more desirable. There are many reasons why one decides to make the purchase of a quilt cover set. One would be that it keeps the inner quilt safe from any direct spills and dirt.
This can be very important if you spend a whole lot of money on some luxury down or silk quilt. Chances are you do not want to be buying a new one every month or spending loads of money at the dry cleaners every few days. So to prevent this smart person gets a quilt cover to protect that luxury bedding from any harm. Some quilt covers or silk quilt inners also bring many anti bacterial qualities too. For instance some quilts can protect up to an amazing 99.8 percent of bacteria, which is why many smart parents use them to keep their children nice and protected from bacteria causing infections.
One thing that all quilt covers have in common is the ability to protect the quilt from harm. This is probably the most important because believe it or not, some quilts can harbor bacteria very quickly. The reason for this is because when you spill something on a quilt or even wash it for that matter the substance can seep deep into the fabric and stay their between the down or feather. Once it is there, fungi and mold will begin to grow creating a perfect environment to harvest bacteria, making your bed set not the safest place to be. That is why quilt covers play such an important role in the bedroom. With our Coshee sets it is so easy to change the sheet rather than the cover and for most families this saves significant time.
Everyone has their own take on what style and design they prefer. The best thing about our Coshee bedding is you can change your bedding as often as you change your mind about what design style you like, because this bedding is not only affordable but, also it is extremely easy to change in and out. Also as any decorator knows if you are going to change your bedroom décor it is best if you start with a center piece and decorate around it. Coshee quilt covers are a perfect way to make your bedroom that center and change the sheets to when needed. The problem many people have when changing their quilt sets is that they also have to change the rest of their bedding. Now you can buy our Coshee’s in a set and then purchase the co-ordinated sheets to change the look with minimal fuss. I also believe using a king size quilt and cover are best used on a queen size bed because with king covers you can let the it hang and it will eliminate the need for a bed skirt and give you far more fabric and quilt when sleeping at night meaning no more losing your covers when sleeping.
This will save you time and money looking for one that matches and with all beds in your house if you upsize from the even the single to a double cover set you will always sleep comfortably and that is why king covers are best for a queen sized bed.
We all strive for a good nights sleep so here are some simple tips to help you on your way!
1. Stick to a schedule. Mum was right when she set a time we always had to go to sleep as kids. Sticking to a schedule allows your body to set its internal rhythm clock so you can get up at the time you want, consistently, every single day. Also, make sure you try to keep the same schedule on weekends too, otherwise the next morning you will wake later and feel overly tired.
2. Sleep only at night. Avoid daytime sleep if possible. Daytime naps steal hours from nighttime slumber. Limit daytime sleep to 20-minute, power naps when needed.
3. Exercise. It’s actually known to help you sleep better. Your body uses the sleep period to recover its muscles and joints that have been exercised. Twenty to thirty minutes of exercise every day can help you sleep, but be sure to exercise in the morning or afternoon. Exercise stimulates the body and aerobic activity before bedtime may make falling asleep more difficult.
4. Taking a hot shower or bath before bed helps bring on sleep because they can relax tense muscles. Try a lavender soap for the calming aroma.
5. Avoid eating just before bed. Give yourself at least 2 hours from when you eat to when you sleep. This allows for digestion to happen (or at least start) well before you go to sleep so your body can rest properly during the night, rather than churning away your food.
6. Avoid caffeine. It keeps you awake and that’s not what you want for a good nights sleep. If you need a warm drink try a soothing green tea or warm milk with honey.
7. Read a fiction book. It takes you to a whole new world if you really get into it. Then take some time to ponder over the book as you fall asleep. I find as I read more and more, regardless of the book, I get more tired at night and so find it easier to fall asleep.
8. Have the room slightly cooler. Your body temperature does not need a warm room and bed covers so turn off the heat and allow the night air to circulate in and out of the windows. If I get cold, I wear warmer clothes or use a heavier quilt in the colder months.
9. Sleep in silence. I find sleeping with no music or TV far more restful. I guess others are different, but sleep with no distractions is best for a clearer mind.
10. Avoid alcohol before bedtime. It’s a depressant; although it may make it easier to fall asleep, it causes you to wake up during the night. As alcohol is digested your body goes into withdrawal from the alcohol, causing nighttime awakenings and often nightmares for some people.
Boys room with graphic print
Today I am surrounded by paint colours from white to off-white to antique white to soft white.... ahhhh the list goes on.
My task is to help decorate a child’s room.
Excitement is building but not about the wall colour as it currently has a soft liquorice feature wall with pale blue on the other walls. I like the thought of having a dramatic piece in the room and it doesnt always have to be an expensive item.
There are some great graphic murals you can use or a bold cover on the bed picked up in the smaller pieces scattered around the room.
Nowadays we don't define a room by the child's gender, but rather their tastes, likes and dislikes, including colour.
My favourite has always been red, so a splash here and there does wonders to introduce the colour in a subtle way.
Don't be afraid to be bold and look for pieces as you go to add to a room, they can always be a work in progress and be ever changing as the child grows.
Well, today I had an interesting conversation about how to co-ordinate and why it is so important in the bedroom.
Men, it seems, just don’t like the amount of pillows we put on the bed and then ask them to remove nightly! So when it comes to why we like to co-ordinate in the bedroom we have lost them!
At Ecosleep, we have designed out Coshee bed linen sets for adults as a 6 piece set which then includes the following:
A plain colour quilt/duvet cover with 2 matching pillow cases in cotton sateen and an attachable top sheet in white bamboo/cotton with 2 matching pillow cases
This then allows for the washing of the attached top sheet and pillow cases and the allowance to leave the cover and matching pillow cases to be washed only occasionally.
With co-ordinating thoughts in mind this then enables us to add co-ordinating colourful sheets/pillow cases to change the look in your bedroom without changing the cover!
Simple and brilliant and a must for those wanting an easier way to change the bedlinen and reduce your washing.
So gents when it comes to coordinating this is the way to go!
"Love the environment you sleep in!"
Hi and welcome to my posts.
I am Jane - a mum of 4, lover of dogs and cats, with a passion for stylish items for your home and the environment that don't
cost the earth.
I blog about interior design, natural living, decorating, family, and the environment. I am very proud of our eco-friendly Coshee bed linen and love to hear back from you so please contribute with your experiences and ideas.