How often do you walk around your bedroom with an item in hand looking for a place to put it? I do it so many times that I wonder how it felt when I first moved into our home and wondered how I was going to fill it!
Storage in the bedroom for bedlinen or personal items can be tricky as some things we like to display and others we don’t! So where can we put them?
Below I have listed some easy decorating solutions and ideas that will hopefully bring some harmony and storage to your bedroom!
· Have a bed head made that will open on hinges so that it may be used for storing extra pillows or small blankets that are used seasonally.
· If, like me, you have a bedside table that has draws but are an avid reader think about having a small bookshelf built in to your wall between the studs to display your most favourite night time reading and small prints of the family.
· Look for a glory box (yes they are still around) or chest or long seat with a lid for the end of the bed to store your bed pillows when you hop into bed at night.
· I have a chaise lounge in my room that unfortunately seems to hold more than my wardrobe some days but it is ideal for sitting on when getting ready and holding some of the clothing items I may need tomorrow!
· Build or buy a long low shelf/draw unit for under the window to store knick knacks, jumpers or everyday items for a quick find. This can be made to be a perfect addition to any bedroom as places like IKEA have them in various colours to suit both modern and old style furniture.
· In children’s rooms the box shelving with the coloured boxes are always a hit as so much can be stored here and are easy to the kids to pack their toys into.
· Hooks on walls in any bedroom can be used to hold both dressing gowns and jackets that are now easy to grab.
Small baskets to hold scarves, or hats can give more room on shelves.
Hopefully all of these ideas will help make your bedroom a warm haven that you love to spend time in.